Background of this Publication
In modern society, sports, covering a wide range of activities, including physical exertion, exercise, gymnastics, dance, training, and the martial arts, are a basic requirement for ensuring a healthy and cultured human life. Sports can be categorized in terms of the participants' motives and purpose, and are generally classified as game sports, healthful sports, and cultural sports. Sports exist as an essential aspect of culture in modern society.
Responding to this, sports-related education and ideas have been tried, but the extent and limits of the field are not clear. One reason is that there is no research journal that specializes in these activities, as a consequence of which, valuable past experiences and lessons from failures are not passed on to other people.
Even though the same sporting activity may be prescribed, the results may differ greatly depending on the participants' ability, capability, and lifestyle, as well as on factors in the environment, such as the sports training environment and the teaching conditions. As a consequence, sports have been shown to have various effects on the human body.
In the medical field, many research papers that have been presented describe clinical cases; these have contributed to the advance of medical science. In the sports research area, there is a strong need for a research society to deal with practical cases in the fields of game, health, and education-related sports. This, then, is the purpose of establishing a research society devoted to sports performance.
If sports leaders, coaches, and practitioners publish their experiences and the results are accumulated and systematized, it will become possible to link them with the results of research in the natural and social sciences. As a consequence, we believe that these publications will contribute to the creation of truly healthy bodies and the development of bodies that can act physically in daily life. Furthermore, sports science can contribute to enhancing the power of games.
Features of the web journal Research Journal of Sports Performance
The Research Journal of Sports Performance, published by Research Society of Sports Performance, has the following features:
- In its website on the Internet, it presents findings that may contribute directly to hands-on activities in sports.
- It provides images (including videos) that are essential for sports training.
- It is not constrained by the conventional methodologies of the natural and social sciences.
- It is not constrained by restrictions relating to the number of participants or by the necessity of statistical analyses.
- It develops its logic by using ideas and terms generally used by experts in sports.
- It creates and accumulates practical wisdom and the wisdom of the body that the specialists who are actively involved in practice can share.